Back Alley Bikes is proud to announce a collaboration with The Detroit Public Library (DPL). From the DPL Teen Hype Center website:
Be your own bike mechanic! Learn how to maintain, fix, and customize your bicycle. Biking is quickly gaining in popularity around the country, join in the movement and become a bike tech expert. In partnership with Back Alley Bikes bicycle shop.
The Teen HYPE Bike Program is for teens that have access to the HYPE Teen Center at the Library. Besides learning some greasy mechanical skills we want to talk about bikes, how youth fit in and how we all fit together here in Detroit specifically. Here are a few questions we’ll be exploring:
- What kind of bike is THAT?
- What would your dream bike be?
- How Detroit is changing/Is Detroit the motor City?
- Working Bikes Discussion- when is it broken?
- Where do you ride your bike?
- Is any bike okay to ride?
- Describe a cyclist. What are they like? Who are they?
- Why does biking suck? Why don’t you bike?