Program Leaders are seasonal employees at Back Alley Bikes (BAB) and are responsible for directly leading program participants and managing the space during program hours. They work with other staff to teach mechanics and other bicycling skills, uphold the shop culture and guidelines, set up and clean up the space, and lead and manage volunteers who are there for program support. Program leaders will work with youth and adults. Hours will be based on skills, interests, and abilities. Not all program leaders will perform all the duties listed below as part of their work experience.
- Engage youth in conversations about bicycle culture and advocacy
- Teach youth or adults bike tool and part names
- Teach youth or adults the basics of bicycle repair
- Teach the ABC safety check and safe riding techniques
- Diagnose and assess bicycles for repair/refurbishment
- Share and support Back Alley Bikes’ mission with others in programming
- Directly lead and chaperone at Youth Rides
- Attend trainings and weekly meetings throughout the spring and summer
- Troubleshoot, research solutions, and/or request assistance when faced with difficult mechanical issue
- Prep bikes for smoother classroom experiences
- Assist in transportation of bicycles and supplies to off-site program locations as necessary
- At least 18 years of age
- Have a Central Registry Clearance or other background clearance
- Demonstrated knowledge of bicycle mechanics
- Adult or youth mentorship/leadership experience
- Good communication skills
- Comfort working with diverse populations
- Prior group ride leadership experience
- Bike culture and advocacy interest/familiarity
$10.50/hr to $13.50/hr depending on experience
How to Apply
Send a Cover Letter and Resume outlining your qualifications to email@example.com.
Please direct any questions regarding the position to this email. Back Alley Bikes is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, sex, age or disability.