In 2008 The Hub of Detroit opened in response to community demand and as a way to help raise funds for Back Alley Bikes. Having a retail front on Cass turned out to be one of the best advertising campaigns Back Alley Bikes had ever seen!
At the Hub, 100% of used bike and part sale profits go to benefit Back Alley Bikes, a registered nonprofit!
The Hub is more than a bike part, and it is more than a bike shop. The Hub of Detroit is not just a retail shop, it is an information Hub for what is happening in the bike community.
Check it out!…
- We sell a variety of “new to you” used bikes ranging from about $70-$200 depending on the bicycle.
- We do sell a limited number of new bikes.
- We sell new parts such as locks, lights, racks, handlebar tape, tools, mirrors, bells. If we don’t have it, ask and we can probably order it.
- We sell used parts – selection is limited, but there is a chance that you can save a few bucks on a repair if we have a used part as a replacement.
- We do repairs! Anything that requires the bike going into the stand is a $5 minimum cost.
Retail Shop Tips:
- Bring your bike in during the winter! Everyone wants to ride in the Spring and Summer. If your bike has been sitting in a basement all winter, it is probably collecting dust and needs a tune up. Remember, service is faster when the shop is less busy!
- If you only need to tighten up a bolt, patch a flat, or get some air in your tires, we have a wrench and air hose available outside our front door in the warm months – for free! In the winter, we move it inside for your comfort.
- If you buy a used bike from us, your first tune up is free (a $50 value). You don’t get that on craigslist!
Any more questions? Call the retail shop at 313.833.0813 or stroll over to the “contact us” page on this website.