Back Alley Bikes is proud to announce a collaboration with The Detroit Public Library (DPL). From the DPL Teen Hype Center website:
Be your own bike mechanic! Learn how to maintain, fix, and customize your bicycle. Biking is quickly gaining in popularity around the country, join in the movement and become a bike tech expert. In partnership with Back Alley Bikes bicycle shop. 🙂
The Teen HYPE Bike Program is for youth with access to the HYPE Teen Center at the Detroit Public Library, main branch. Besides learning basic mechanical skills, we talk about bikes in general and how youth can make cycling a part of their lives.
Here are a few questions we’ll be exploring:
- What kind of bike is THAT?
- What would your dream bike be?
- How Detroit is changing/Is Detroit the motor City?
- Working Bikes Discussion- when is it broken?
- Where do you ride your bike?
- Is any bike okay to ride?
- Describe a cyclist. What are they like? Who are they?
- Why don’t you bike?