Wrench, Learn and Give is all about teaching bike maintenance to new and returning mechanics. Do any of the following questions describe your interests?
- Are you interested in learning bike maintenance?
- Do you want to volunteer at Back Alley Bikes but need some help improving your mechanical skills?
- Do you want to volunteer in our Earn A Bike program but need to learn more about fixing bikes?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Wrench, Learn and Give is for you.
What is Wrench, Learn and Give?
WLG is a five (5) week class where we teach you essentially how to overhaul a bike. You will learn how to repair a tube, change a flat, overhaul hubs, adjust derailleurs, adjust brakes, overhaul bottom brackets, overhaul headsets and basic wheel truing.
Where does the giving come in?
The bike you repair over the five week class will be donated to a child under 10 through our kids bike donation program. Who doesn’t love helping kids?
Other Benefits of Participating in the Class
- You will become a better bike mechanic
- Be eligible to work in our off site and on site summer programming for kids
- Be a part of a cohort of 8-10 other students all learning bike mechanics with you
Class Information 2016
- Mondays 6 – 8 p.m.
- $50 fee (helps offset cost of staff time and supplies)
- Sign-up only – Limited to 6 students