The Youth Ride Club is a way for youth aged 10-17 years old to learn practical and safe riding techniques for sharing the road with other traffic. All rides take place in the street. Because of this, all participants are given safety training before joining the ride.
HOW IT WORKS
- Youth who are in Earn-a-Bike Must attend at least one ride to complete the class
- A permission slip is required for youth to participate in our rides.
- Youth who are not in Earn-a-Bike are welcome to attend
- All bikes will be inspected for safety before each ride. If staff deems a bicycle unsafe to ride, it will not be used.
- We have a limited number of bicycles for youth to borrow.
- Parents and guardians are welcome to come along!
- Helmets are required for anyone to participate in rides. We have helmets to give out to youth that do not already have one, as well as helmets to lend to adults.
For more information, call 313.879.5630, email bab (at) thehubofdetroit (dot) org, talk to staff during youth programming, or come by on a Saturday during the summer.