Back Alley Bikes is seeking an Assistant Shop Manager for their retail store, The Hub of Detroit. Applicants should have at least 2-4 years experience working in a Bicycle Shop, as well as 2-4 years experience as a Bicycle Mechanic. Community Bike Shop experience a BIG plus!
Applicants must be comfortable working in an urban environment with a diverse clientele, and MUST be able to act quickly under difficult conditions and remain professional and calm while flexible and lighthearted to defuse any tense situation.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities —
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise, and mechanical ability.
- Collaborate with Store Manager and staff with daily operations.
- Schedule and complete service repairs in timely manner.
- Keep sales floor and merchandise neat, organized and stocked.
- Ability to understand and adhere to all organizational policies and standards.
- Ability to take on Store Manager’s role when Store Manager is out.
- Ability to identify, and communicate all store, staff, product and inventory concerns to Store Manager in a timely manner.
- Ability to meet all customer needs and guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Resolve all customer complaints quickly and effectively.
- Physical ability to lift over 50 pounds.
The Ideal Candidate —
- Rides Bicycles 🙂
- Lives in Detroit
- Is dependable
- Has a positive demeanor
- is team-oriented